Saturday, May 12, 2012

Chocolate Covered Ruffles



There was this little candy shop my mom and I used to frequent called The Candy Connection . Our choice candy was ALWAYS the Chocolate Chips. They were chocolate covered ruffles - the perfect mix of sweet and salty. The candy shop closed down last year and my mother and I have been forced to go without our favorite guilty pleasure.
For mothers day my mom asked if I could attempt to make Chocolate Chips. And to my own amazement - these are just like the originals! The combination sounds odd, but I have yet to meet someone who does not LOVE these.


What you will need:

2 cups of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
2 tablespoons of vegetable shortening
1 bag of Ruffles potato chips

What to do:

1. Put Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips and vegetable shortening in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted.



2. Crumple Ruffles potato chips in a separate bowl.



3. Poor handfuls of Ruffles into the melted chocolate. Stir until all chips are covered with chocolate.






4. Place a spoonful of the chocolate covered Ruffles on to wax paper. Do this until there is no mixture left.



5. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes to harden the chocolate.


6. Keep refrigerated and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment